Good afternoon. Today I want to share a super simple recipe for healthy and tasty Banana Spelt muffins. This recipe is easy to play around with and it gives around 10-12 muffins depending on the size of your muffin pan 🙂 and they will stay fresh for 2 days in room temperature and 4 in the fridge. Enjoy 🙂
- 3 ripe bananas – Mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 dl coconut oil – melted
- 1 dl honey or maple syrup
- 0,75 dl almond milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 1 dl Oats
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 0,5 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- a dash of salt
- 3,5 dl fine spelt flour
- Turn on your oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix together the coconut oil and the honey before you add the eggs and mix it with a whisk.
- add and mix the pure vanilla, the baking soda, cinnamon, the salt plus the bananas and the milk
- add the spelt flor a bit at the time stirring with a spoon untill its combined and smooth. At this point you can add extras such as cacao nibs, blueberries, dried fruits or nuts if you want.
- grease the muffin pan with butter
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups. Fill the cup about 2/3 to leave space for them to grow.
- If you want you can sprinkle oats or maybe some cinnamon.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Leave the muffins to cool of and enjoy them just as they are or with butter or cheese.
It´s easy to play around with the taste of these Spelt Banana muffins. just add your favorite ingredients or sprinkle it on top.
Good luck with making your favorite version of the Spelt Banana muffins – Enjoy