Hello and Happy new year 🙂
Today I want to share a Delicious and easy Raw-food Brownie. I made this for our New Year celebration and it was very popular indeed. Not only is it easy to make, but this Raw-food Brownie has no added sugar or flour.
This Raw-food brownie also have a chocolate frosting and is truly teeth watering!
I was first introduced to this deliciousness by an old colleague who brought a version of this with her to the office, and shared her recipe with me. Since then I have made it quite a few times and experimented with it a bit. It´s absolutely possible to play with the taste by adding ex. chili, licorice, cinnamon or whatever you like only limited by your imagination.
Let me know in the comments if you try other tastes 🙂
For this I do recommend to use a food processor. The first few times I did use a hand mixer, but even if we have a good quality mixer, it did feel as if it got a little tired (and smelled a little burnt) So if you do use a hand mixer take it a bit easy.
- 3 deciliter Sunflower seeds
- appx. 15 soft dates
- 5 tablespoons of Cacao
- 4 tablespoons of Shredded Coconut
- 2 tablespoons of honey (the running kind)
- 4 tablespoons of Tahini
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- a pinch of unrefined sea salt
Raw Chocolate Frosting
- 8 soft dates
- 3 tablespoons of cacao
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 0,75 deciliter water
- maybe a bit of honey if you like (optional)
When we made this for New year My daughter and I decorated the Brownie with a half-moon of blueberries, blackberries and some small roses (do not eat those) But again, use what you have and what you like.
- mix the sunflower seeds in your food processor or with your hand mixer until they become almost like a grainy flour.
- Now you can start adding the dates a few at the time for the batter to get a nice texture.
- Afterwards you can add the rest of the ingredients and keep mixing until the batter is oily and sticky.
- press the batter into a cake tin and put it in the fridge.
Raw Chocolate Frosting
Mix all the ingredients for 3-4 minutes until smooth a pour the frosting over the Raw-food brownie and put it back to the fridge.
This Delicious and easy Raw-food Brownie taste best if you leave it in the fridge for an hour or two.
It tastes even good on day 2 and 3:-)
I hope you like it as much as I do – Let me know in the comments.