Golden milk – the perfect goodnight drink. Golden Milk is both a beautiful and tasty drink to have in the evening before going to bed. The main ingredient is turmeric which is known to have many great health benefits, which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory properties.
Turmeric is from southeast Asia. It has been used for thousands of years in the Ayurvedic tradition where it is considered a herb that purified the entire body. One of its components is called curcumin. Curcumin is a very strong antioxidant and has potent anti-inflammatory effects. Regular intake may play a role in lowering the risks of heart disease and even cancer. Turmeric is also known to improve brain function, which is great when you recover from burnout related brain damage. You can find much more information on turmeric here
Black pepper is equally as important. Due to it´s active component Piperine, adding black pepper to any dish with tumeric the into any dishes seasoned with turmeric enhances the bioavailability of turmeric (curcumin) and increases the body absorption with up to 2000%
Golden milk – the perfect goodnight drink.
Golden milk paste
- 1,5 deciliter ? Turmeric
- 2,5 deciliter. Clean water
- 1,5 teaspoon grounded black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Mix water with the turmeric powder in a small cooking pot and stir well. –Let it stir for about 6-8 min, untill it becomes a thick paste.
- Add Black Pepper and oil and continue stirring untill everything is mixed well
- Let the mix cool off and store in a small air tight jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- In a small saucepan, heat up 2,5 deciliter of your preferred plant milk
- Add ¼- ½ teaspoon of Golden Paste and stir till combined with the milk
- Add some honey and a bit of coconut oil to the milk and mix
- Pour into a mug and enjoy and a comforting drink before bed or any other time.
If you try out this beautiful and tasty Golden Milk I would love to hear your thoughts.
Love and curiosity