Any season is Hummus season. This Sweet carrot humus with a Moroccan touch is wonderful. It has a sweet taste of roasted carrots and a beautiful subtle orange colour.
Good morning 🙂
I hope you have had a wonderful start to the new week? This morning I want to share a sweet and easy hummus recipe. – enjoy – hope you like it!
Carrots are great! They are great raw. They are great cooked. They are great roasted and they are even better as hummus. –And then they are stuffed with antioxidants and Beta-carotene.
You can use a foodprocessor or a hand immersion when making this hummus.
Sweet Carrot hummus with a Moroccan touch
- 5 big carrots (around 400g.)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can/250g organic chickpeas (cooked)
- 1,5 deciliter water
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- the juice from ½ a lemon
- ½ cm slice of ginger (peel off)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin (spidskommen)
- Ground Pebber
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 250°C
- Chop the carots into 2 cm bits and put them into a baking tray with baking sheet.
- Mix with whole garlic cloves and the 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- Roast in the oven for about 20 min or untill the carrots are golden and tender.
leave to cool down abit before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- In a bowl combine the goodies from the owen with the rest of the ingredients execpt the olive oil.
- Mix everything in a food processor or a hand immersion. While mixing add the rest of the olive oil.
- Taste the the hummus and adjust with salt or other spices if needed.
- If you feel the Hummus is to thick for your tasting you can add a little water.
Leave the hummus in a air tight glass or plastic jar and keep in the fridge for about a week.